Saturday, May 16, 2009

My CVS trip the week of 5/10/09

I'm the first to admit that I'm new at this CVS game. I've been watching the ads and reading blogs over the past two weeks and have not seen any real great deals. What deals there have been included old coupons. I did finally succumb t this obsession today to get a few deals. I bought a Soft Soap body wash for $3.99 and had a $.75 mfc coupon. I had bought one last week with a $1.00 mfc coupon because it was on sale (I have a lot of Irish Spring Body wash, but not a lot of "feminine" body wash.). I also bought a Bayer Contour blood/glucose monitor which was on sale for $14.99 and I had a coupon from a month or so ago for up to $30.00 off. (Got one of these last week too, since they paid me $5.00 to buy it!) I also picked up a Schick Quattro for women razor which was on sale for $8.99 and I had a $4.00 mfc coupon. I also splurged and bought a "Real Simple" magazine which was $4.99. I had a $1.00 coupon for the magazine. Net after coupons was $12.22. Tax was $2.31 (tax is added to before coupon price). Net out of pocket was $14. 53. OK, does sound a little high, but then I received $4.00 ECB for the Soft Soap special (buy 2 get $4 in ECB), $4.00 ECB for the Schick Quattro, and $5.00 ECB for the Contour blood/glucose monitor. Total in ECB's was $13.00. Therefore, my actual cost was $1.53. Not bad! It was the magazine that messed me up--that's what a splurge will do! If not for that, I would have made money!

I did learn something new, however. If you use mgc. coupons, the tax is added on to the before coupon price, however, if store coupons are used, they subtract tax. So when I pay with the ECB's that should take the tax off. So the tax is not the problem I thought it was going to be!

Now for CVS deals for 5/17--

I can only tell you some of the deals I'm seeing on the other blogs. I will try to get out there Sunday or Monday to see some of them for myself.

You can see the ad in Sunday's paper or go to www.Iheartcvs.com and see some of the deals there.

Right Guard Sport, Xtreme, or Dry Idea 2-4 oz. 2/$5--get $2 ECB when you buy 2.
If you got the $2 Dry Idea coupon, this is a money maker. If not, there should be a $1.00/2 coupon in the 5/17 Sunday paper. Excludes Dry Idea Clinical.

*Buy Colgate Sensitive Whitening Enamel Protect toothpaste (6 oz) or Colgate Visible White (4 oz) - $3.99, get a $2 ECB (limit 1)
$1/1 Colgate Sensitive toothpaste 5-17-09 SS
$1/1 printable for Colgate sensitive and Colgate Visible White here
(thanks to Melissa) (this link wasn't working for me!)

Buy Dial, Tone or Coast bar soap (2-3 pack) - $1.99, get a $1 ECB
$.35/1 Dial coupon in Smart Source 3/08/09

I'll let you know as more come up. Melissa has some more on her blog and you might want to check out the $5 CVS challenge on Keeping the Kingdom First blog. They come up with some good scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment