Sunday, May 3, 2009

Starting the Week out Right!

Well, here is the beginning of my coupon/deals blog. The new ads came out for the week of 5/3/09. I headed out to Walgreens tonight to see if I could get some things before they ran out of them (as they often do!).

My first trip to Walgreens for this week was to pick up the 12-paks of Diet A&W root beer on sale for $11.00 I got 3 12-packs and received $5.00 in RR. While there, I also picked up one of the Natural Dentist mouth rinses. I needed one more to send in for the $10.00 rebate. I messed up at CVS last week because the deal they had (which was much sweeter) ran out the end of April instead of the end of the week. I've got to pay more attention! Anyway, Walgreens had it too and the regular price at Walgreens was $7.99 (CVS reg. price was $9.99). I had my $2.00 coupon so that would bring it down to $5.99. I also snagged a Natural Dentist that had a free ND toothpaste attached as a bonus. When I got to the checkout, it rang up at $5.99 instead of $7.99. Bonus! I had RRs to cover most of the cost but needed one more item to attach a RR reward to so purchased a small purse pack of Walgreen's tissues for $.29. My out of pocket was $1.72 and I got $5.00 in RR back! Now I can send in the rebate for the Natural Dentist which will be $10.00.

Some deals this week that you may want to be aware of:

Walgreens:
12 paks of 7-up, Sunkist, Dr. Pepper, A&W, Canada Dry, or Hawaiian Punch, 3/$11
Get $5 RR wyb 3
If you like cherry 7-up (and if Wags has it), there's a $1.00 coupon here.

Right Guard Antiperspirant/Deodorant $2.99
Get $2 RR
Use $1.00 coupon here. Makes it Free!

Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste 4.6 or 6 oz., $4.49
Get $4.49 RR
Use $1.00 coupon here.
Better than free!

Pert Plus for Men, 2/$5
Get $2 RR wyb 2.
$1/1 Pert Plus printable
$1/1 Pert Plus printable
Could be free after coupons and RRS

Aveeno Products, 20% off
Buy 3 Aveeno products and get a FREE travel essentials kit

Suggested Deal:

Buy (3) Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion (2.5-oz.) at $2.62
Use (3) $2/1 Aveeno printable
$0.63 ea. + get free travel kit! (Thanks DealSeekingMom!)


Monthly deals that seem to still be there:

Bayer Quick Release Crystals $2.49
Get $2.49 RRs
Free after RRs (I saw these still available today)

ThermaCare Heat Pad, $5.99
Get $3.00 RRs
Use $3.00 coupon here.
Free

Remember:
  • Use Manufacturer's coupons first
  • Then give Walgreens coupons
  • Never use a RR on the same item that the RR was for--you won't get another RR. You need to rotate them.
CVS:

Adidas Action3 Deodorant $3.99,
Get $3 ECB (limit 3)
Use $1.00 coupon from 4/5 insert = FREE

Colgate Max Fresh $2.99,
Get $2 ECB (limit 2)
Use $1 or $.75 coupon from 4/26 insert = FREE or $.24

Zantrex 3 $4.99,
Get $4.99 ECB (limit 1)
FREE

Kellogg's cereal 3/$10,
Get $5 ECB wyb 3 (limit 1)
Use coupons from right side of blog or $1 from 4/5 insert =$.67 each with 3 coupons
$1/1 Kellogg’s printables
$1.50/2 Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats printable
$1/1 Kellogg’s printables
$1/1 Kellogg’s Cereal, exp. 5-17-09 (V 4/5/09)
$0.67 ea. after coupons and ECBs!

Happy Shopping!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hat's off to the addict in you for doing this and passing on the savings to us Cheryl. Keep up the HARD work -
    Tam

    ReplyDelete